We have some progress being made. Tuesday I got the plans from UBuildIt along with the approved truss engineering, and then dropped them off at a structural engineer to take care of the basement walls. He said that he should be done next week sometime. I told him to engineer the basement walls based on poured concrete, not block. I have been in contact with a concrete company that can do it for about the same price. We won't know for sure until we get the bid back from them, but we were willing to spend a little more for the better walls.
Thursday I picked up the septic approval. I will have to double-check, but I think we will be ready to send the plans to Rio Rancho for permit as soon as we get them back from the basement engineer. From what we've heard, it takes 4-6 weeks to get a permit from the City. We are hoping that the City can go faster since there shouldn't be as many other people building right now. Maybe they can get it done in a week or two. If everything goes well we can break ground in August, but we should probably be content with early September. We will try to build in time constraints into our subcontracts to keep everything moving quickly and smoothly. We should be done by January! Right now it's just a little bit of a waiting game (for the basement engineering and the permit).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment