Saturday, August 16, 2008

We will have a building permit in less than 2 weeks


Hooray! I was finally able to get everything in for permitting! The basement engineer needed a little bit of a push to get our engineering to us, but he finally got it to me on Wednesday. That was the last piece of information we needed. Rio Rancho got all the paperwork and plans on Thursday for our permit. Initially Leonard at the permitting office said it would be a few days. I had him clarify that and he said within 2 weeks. There is also a water meter request that must be accepted before they can give our permit out. That was also submitted on Thursday with a 5 day waiting period. We are just glad that it should be done in 2 weeks and not 6.


I talked to Horizon Mortgage as well. They are an affiliate of Wells Fargo and they cannot do a construction loan because of new strict corporate regulations. Mark at Horizon Mortgage said that he will be able to get us the best deal in town on our permanent mortgage, but we will have to get our construction loan through someone else. I played phone tag with Jonathan from Charter Bank and will try to meet with them ASAP. We have met with Charter Bank before (about 9 months ago) and were prequalified for the loan. I have since gotten a fairly significant raise, so I think we should be able to get our financing quickly. Charter is who UBuildIt recommended and normally uses. I just thought that I would shop around a little. I know we like Horizon Mortgage, so I tried them.


I also spoke with the Alpha Septic. They wanted an estimated time of septic installation, which I'm not too sure of right now. They said any time after rough in plumbing, so I told them October. They weren't too concerned with exact timing, just wanted to make sure they had us on the horizon.


In the next 2 weeks we will have to get the construction loan finalized, and sign the contract for the building phase with UBuildIt. We will also have to get PNM to get electricity on our lot. There's a PNM box about 1 foot away, and in past conversations they have said that our lot is ready for it. We just need to have them set it up when the time is right.

No comments: